- Avoid wearing your jewelry when showering, swimming, sleeping, and exercising.
- Keep away from hard surfaces to prevent any scratching.
- After wearing, wipe gently with a soft cloth to remove any dirt and skin oils.
Gold Filled Jewelry
What is Gold filled jewelry? "Gold-filled" is legally required to be 5% or 1/20 pure gold by weight. The process of gold-filled metals involves heat pressure bonding layers of gold to a base metal. Gold filled jewelry is much higher quality than gold plated jewelry and is a much more affordable, quality alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry is different from gold plated jewelry.
Caring for Gold Filled Jewelry
Gold filled jewelry can be worn in the shower but it is not recommended to be worn in the pool/hot tub with harsh liquid chemicals. Keep your pieces away from hard surfaces that could cause scratches, and store them in a dry area separate from jewelry made of different metals. Keep gold filled jewelry looking new by polishing it gently with a soft cloth.
- Clean gently with mild soapy water, and fully dry pieces when finished
- To remove any light scratches polish gently with a soft cloth.